Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the dog shows Bubba had the best time with all the other dogs ,the long leggers,which consisted of any dog with longer legs than his and he especially loved the smaller breeds and puppies. The smaller the dog the more curious he was about it. At one paticular show a lady had a Yorkshire Terrier puppy,(dogs under 6 months of age are usually not allowed on show grounds but some people don't know or don't care),anyway,can you imagin what a 70lb Basset looks like to a dog so little.Anyway she was holding her puppy and Bubba sat at her feet staring up at her.I said to her, "He really wants to see your puppy,he won't hurt it,he just wants to sniff it". Yeah,I'm sure that was reassuring,when her pup probably weighed about a pound. So,I pulled Bubba back a bit and she carefully sat the pup down,Bubba did a belly crawl,like Lassie, up to the puppy then rolled over on his back,he seemed to sense that he was less intimidating this way. The puppy proceeded to crawl all over Bubba's face and neck and Bubba was lovin' it. The lady was laughing as was I and a circle of people who stopped to see this hound get walked on all over by a yorkie puppy. From then on when Bubba saw a puppy or smaller dog he did his Lassie crawl then the other owner wasn't afraid he would hurt their small dog,thus, Bubba got to see a lot of puppies this way.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Bubba sounds like he was such a special dog. I can see why you still miss him so much. I do think ALL dogs are special but some of them really touch us. My Yogi is one of those dogs, super special.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Aww, what a great memory! Bubba sounds as if he was truly a 'heart' dog.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts