Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im very glad to say that I brought my girl Chili home today!
Weve had a great day! She is now on her 5th nap! LOL

·
Registered
973 Posts
I am partial to light or red coloring ;) cute girl!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Chili is so sweet and looks very quiet and gentle. Our very first Basset was a lemon and white girl.

Is she named after the bike racer Frankie Chili?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank yall!
No, my Chili is named after, well, Chili Dogs (as in yummmy food)! LOL
Glad yall like her! She is awesome!

Shes been here over 12 hours now and no potty in the house or kennel YAY! She seems to be doing great pottying outside! This makes me and Mrs. Tinman happy! LOL

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This girl will walk up, lay on your feet & go belly up! Apparently, the only thing better than a belly rub to her, is food!
We should have named her Hoover (as in the vacuum cleaner)!

·
Registered
878 Posts
This girl will walk up, lay on your feet & go belly up! Apparently, the only thing better than a belly rub to her, is food!
We should have named her Hoover (as in the vacuum cleaner)!
For many years there used to be a family with a Basset called Hoover who use to stay in a holiday house on our sea front and his name was Hoover because of him woofing up everything from being a puppy! :)

·
Registered
774 Posts
adorable!

She is cuuuuuuute! I just don't know who could look at a Basset puppy and not be completely smitten. Our Basset is also named after food, Cannoli! My daughter named her Cannoli because she is long and full of sweet stuff.

We just moved to a new neighborhood and walked to the bus stop this morning for the first time. Cannoli came with us and the belly up technique came in handy. Most of the kids were crazy over her and giving her love, but one little girl was very leery. She wanted to pet her but her mom related that the girl had been bitten and was scared of dogs now. She tenatively reached for Cannoli who promptly flopped and went belly up, the little girl thought this was hilarious and a pink Basset belly is pretty un-intimidating to pet. I think we've made some new friends.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Puppy pictures make me want to find another breeder!

She is to cute! 5th nap sounds about right. I used to like sitting indian style on the floor and then my pup would fall asleep in my lap after like 2 mins of petting her.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts