Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mariah has become the first basset hound ever to go Bronze in any USDAA agility class with her 15th leg in PIII jumpers (Accomplished Jumper Dog - bronze)

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I know nothing about it, but I'm guessing that must be good...congrats!

~Heather

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Congratulations--quite an accomplishment! :)

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

·
Registered
13,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another glass ceiling shattered![/b]

While not a glass ceiling Mariah earned her PDIII dog title and PIII standard title become the second basset in history to earn these two.

She is now just 4 Gambler legs from and Acomplished Performance Dog title which is the performancedivision equivelent of an ADCh (agility dog champion) which would be a mile stone.
USdaa is the only major agility venue without a basset "champion"

·
Registered
13,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Another first ( as in 1st basset to ___) to add to your list! How many does that make? Congrats!!![/b]

I don't know but most if not all are related to agility and USDAA. The thing about "firsts" is while they can never be taken away or surpased by others they are not general a good measure of skill unless the opurtunity has existed for a longperiod of time. Most often a first at some thing is more a producted of oppurtunity and timing rather than skill or ability. At least those at the upper levels of competition become a little of both

award like the first basset with a perfomance title in Usdaa is more one of oppurtunity and than skill where as the first and Only Basset to earn a top Ten Placement ( across all breeds) is a little of both. The first champion or other high level title that has existed for a period of time at whatever is more skill than oppurtunity so more highly cherished. It is also important to remember over time requirments often change. Therefore the requirement for titles change so makeing cross era comparisons is rather difficult.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts