Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All,
I brought home my new puppy "Ernie" on April 20. He is so wonderful and I am so happy with him! I noticed when we got home when feeling his tail; he has a large bump and it appears to have been broken and re-healed. He wags it and it does not seem to bother him. Is this a common problem with new born puppies?
Ernie is a joy and I look for many years of happiness with him!

George Evans
Newport News, VA

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm not sure about tails, but when we first adopted Maggie we could clearly see her ribs (she has fattened up now) and one stuck out funny. I asked at the vet because it didn't seem to bother her (you could rub her and feel it) and she said that it may have been broken during birth or puppyhood and then healed - but it wasn't a problem at all.

Missjoy and Maggie

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Sometimes they are born with a kinked tail. Either way, it shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Daisy has a kink in her tail and has since the day we got her.... it doesn't seem to bother her and it's only noticable if you touch her tail. I'd say it's not a problem.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Baroo also has a kink in her tail, we thought hers was broke and the vet told us she was fine. I am guessing this is something normal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts