Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having been an owner of bassetts for 4 years, I feel I've experienced almost all that they have to offer (including untimely death .)

I currently own a grumpy old male (Wallace) and a hyperactive rescue female (Shirley[Shirley Basse(y)tt-get it??])

Lately my wife and I have been considering breeding (Wallace is incapable of studding) but wonder if shirley is the dog for the job. She has had 1 litter before she came to us, and by all accounts was an exceptional mother.

HELP!!!!

------------------
How do you get these hairs off the carpet!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Here's an excellent site for learning about some of the things you need to consider before breeding.
http://www.dog-play.com/ethics.html

I'm surprised the rescue didn't spay your basset before you got her, but usually a rescue contract would require that the dog NOT be bred....

------------------
Miriam,
Mom to Kermit, Spot, Mouse, Rainbow, Copper, Sally, Gabby, Ginger, Lucy, Webster & Rosie

My friend got a basset hound for her husband.......I think she made a good trade.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. Bassett rescue isn't quite the same over here as it is over there! Shirley was rescued by the breeder we got our other dogs from, which is where she had her litter. No contracts are therefore in place.

------------------
How do you get these hairs off the carpet!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts