Basset Hounds Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Wow! That's about as much hostility as I have ever seen on this forum. Particularly in light of what seems (to a rational reader) to be an attempt at a humorous musing. Our neighbors had a HUGE Irish wolf hound … so many times it crossed my mind how absurd and hilarious a basset wolf hound would appear. I don’t think that makes me a whacko-breeder-crackpot.

When we took Fred to meet Mae before we took her from her foster home, I made the inadvertent comment “too bad they are both fixed, they would have ADORABLE puppies.” The foster mom (although a very nice lady) glowered at me, and lectured me on the evils of back yard breeders. She actually had second thoughts about letting us adopt Mae – EVEN THOUGH I had absolutely no intention of trying to breed the dogs (fixed or not). Ever. I was just musing out loud, but received a half hour scolding.

My point?? Be kind. Consider the nature of the comment. Take a deep breath. I seriously doubt that any of us will using bassets in our evil-mad-scientist laboratories. That’s what monkeys are for --- TOTALLY KIDDING. Be nice.

Got nothing but love for you guys!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.