Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
consisted of his breakfast AND Stickers! I was doing something that I needed Dave's help with. He had just put down their bowls of food for breakfast. I called for him and while he was helping me we heard drinking and heavy chomping. We walked into the kitchen and Stickers was drinking water and Rusty had finished his and was gobbling her breakfast down. He ate the entire bowl. 2 bowls of kibble! Normally, I would not be happy but we both smiled and were so happy!:D:D

The oncologist said given the stage of his cancer, she was surprised he wasn't skin & bones. My boy sure hasn't lost his appetite! We did end up refilling Stickers bowl.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We are only giving him Nordic Naturals Omega 3. It has to be refrigerated and he loves cold things. It is liquid and stinks to the high heavens! But I think he likes the fishy smell. I give him 2 biscuits right after so he runs to the biscuit jar after he gets it.

We are not persuing any treatment for him. He has 3 nodules in his chest and his mass in his kidney is huge. I don't want his remaining time to be spent at the Vets or to make him miserable. Other than Chemo and or Piroxicam, there isn't much we can do but keep on loving him.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
That had to have made you feel good. :) I remember feeling good when Sadie & Spencer ate well during their illnesses. As Sadie's cancer progressed, her appetite faded, but Spencer's never did. The vet attributed it to the fact that Spencer's cancer involved his brain & therefore caused some unusual changes in him, one being an increased appetite. He actually gained weight during his illness, & ended up being a bit pudgy, but it still made me happy that he was happy. I think of Rusty & you often.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
So glad to hear Rusty is still eating well. I'm sure Stickers didn't mind sharing!!

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Double portions!! i see nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

Rusty, man, you're my hero! can ya give me tips on how ya did that?
like... if i'm an 'only dog' in the household, how could i secure a 2nd portion???
just throwing that out there in case you or someone has the answer to that.

and Rusty, how come there's no pics of you and your pal Stickers to look at? i'd also like a pic of you stealing Stickers' food, too. it would be like studying game tapes the Monday after a football game. i could really learn from you, man!
--your pal, Worm

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Hey Worm... if ya have a cat, you can sometimes get double portions. But, you didn't hear it from me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts