Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a rough night in the Philly area. Lots of rain, wind, and tornadoes. It will be rough through about 8 AM, then hopefully we'll get some relief. Irene is a force to be reckoned with!

Molly and Winston have slept through it all. Here's Winston during the worst of the tornado warnings and whatnot:

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Hope everyone in the path of this monster storm is staying safe!

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Yes, we were wondrin' about all our basset pals on the Right Coast. How r y'all managing?

it's kinda surreal because on the Left Coast here where i am, we have been having clear, sunny weather, so really hard to imagine. we've been watching the storm on TV for a couple hours this evening... can't believe all the nonstop rain!

did anyone have to evacuate?

does anyone else here think it's strange when these newspeeples stand in the middle of the hurricane to give reports? really! we get worried for them. they are standing there while everyone else has evacuated or is staying inside. what weird peeples!
--Worm

ps. Winston-- ya seem to be really chilled out! way to keep ur kewl...

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was pretty scary around here between 10 and 11:30 tonight. Tornado warning after tornado warning coming up on the news. Hoping it's calmer in the regard for the rest of the night. We haven't had to evacuate, thankfully. Just need to hold on until daylight, then assess the damage outside.

We had an earthquake on Tuesday and a hurricane today. The earthquake was odd...pups didn't notice it really. I was a bit unnerved by it. I really hope next week is uneventful.

Agreed, Worm, those weather people are kind of crazy. Though I must admit, I am jealous they get to do that.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
here in Mass and RI it is simply a coastal event with any damage basical from storm surge we have had thunder storm and spring storm do a lot more damage earlier in the year

·
Registered
762 Posts
Oh look at that big mighty protector dog Winston! I'm sure he's resting up so he can continue to take care of the ladies! Glad to hear your safe & sound.

·
Registered
437 Posts
:DGlad to hear you are safe...was worried and wondering how all the east coast basset pals and peeples were fairing.....

Winston,you are one super brave dog..laying their so serene waiting to pounce into action if the need arose....:rolleyes:

Keep us up to to date that you are all ok.....

~your buddy,
Woody Hayes

·
Registered
183 Posts
We made out fairly well here in northern Delaware, lots of wind and rain. My silly girls still insisted on their evening walks. The wind and rain, really didn't faze them at all. The tornado warnings did freak me out a bit, but since the girls didn't react, I figured the tornado missed us.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
During hurricane Charlie, when the eye went over, everyone ran outside to walk their dogs. One guy's pitbull attacked someone's yippie dog, and the eventhough the dog wasn't hurt, the little dog's owner got a shotgun and was going to shoot the pitbull. By the time I got there, the pitbull's owner was covering up her dog with a shotgun pointed at her. You can't call the police because you're on your own until the all clear after the storm completely passes. A bunch of the neighbors kind of grabbed the guy and the gun, and everyone calmed down. My basset just watched everything, and peed for about 15 minutes, and then when the rain started again, everyone ran back inside and hunkered down.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
People turn crazy when this weather hits. There was a guy running around this area with an assault rifle last night. Murdered his ex, her boyfriend, and the bf's son in VA. Came up here and killed the ex's mom. Then he shows up at a hospital less than a mile from my home with his daughter and threatens a nurse. He shot at 2 local cops, hit one in the hand. Thankfully, they weren't killed. He's still on the loose. Like the earthquake and the hurricane weren't enough this week. And my two slept happily through it. I am so glad they didn't pick up on any of my panic last night.

·
Registered
147 Posts
People turn crazy when this weather hits. There was a guy running around this area with an assault rifle last night. Murdered his ex, her boyfriend, and the bf's son in VA. Came up here and killed the ex's mom. Then he shows up at a hospital less than a mile from my home with his daughter and threatens a nurse. He shot at 2 local cops, hit one in the hand. Thankfully, they weren't killed. He's still on the loose. Like the earthquake and the hurricane weren't enough this week. And my two slept happily through it. I am so glad they didn't pick up on any of my panic last night.

WOAH that's a horrible thing. I pray that psychotic person gets caught before he ends up hurting more people and I hope you and your babies stay safe, too!

Hank and I send drool and are praying that this hurricane passes as quickly and innocently as possible. Stay safe!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Here is South Carolina we only got a lot of wind and like two minutes of rain. We were hoping for a bit more rain but we're glad the hurricane didn't make landfall here like my husband was worried about.

·
Registered
972 Posts
That's insane. What is it about crazy people crawling out of the woodwork to take advantage or any situation? Brain overload i guess....which is hard when you don't have a brain!

Anyway, I'm very glad you haven't been upset by any of this molly. Bowser says "Mowwy, i'm gwad der was no shotgun at you. i herd you can't pway wif or eat doze! dat wud suck!"

He's a little sheltered I'm afraid..

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
absence of tode
for you and woody that would be "absenthe of toad"

Absenthe green fairy if you didn't know it us flavored with wwwwormy wood so I'd be careful if you venture to france. At one time it was way more popular than wine in that country and used to treat unfit water.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts