Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took Brandy in for her 1 year recheck , she had a mammary tumor removed last May, but also because she was gagging some. The oncologist did chest x rays, blood work and an ultra sound of her abnominal area. The x rays were good, the blood work was good, but they found a small lesion or something near the splein or it could be the splein but they did a needle aspiration. Won't have the results until Thursday. She has gained weight not good. We have been walking a mile each day that the weather permits. I was releived the lungs were clear of cancer. She has busy lungs the oncologist said the same as last year. She thinks the gagging is allergies sense we mowed over the weekend and it has been dry. We will deal with what ever the needle aspirations results are.

Stephanie

·
Registered
782 Posts
Stephanie, I'll keep you guys in my thoughts. I hope everything turns out well for Brandy!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HI
Got the results today and all was good. The spleen and the lump were benign no cancer. The ocologist said we were good. We are going back to have a better look at her throat sense she is still gagging just want to make sure it is allergies and nothing else. My husband says he has had a more thorough health exam then him.

But it is worth it for my peace of mind.

Thank for all the good thoughts.

STephanie

·
Registered
79 Posts
My Twinkie has always gagged after drinking water, to the point of sometimes yakking up a little liquid. The vet doesn't make anything of it, but she's always done it since we adopted her. If this is something new for your girl, I hope the vet can figure out what's going on. Best of luck to you.

Janet 'n Twinkie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts