Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI
I took Brandy back to the oncologist for her staples to be removed and go over options with the DR.
Basically we have 3 options 1 isn't even a concideration just leave her be.
2nd option is chemo, but she said she couldn't give any proof that it would give her more time and there are risk of severe reaction to the chemo and death. She wasn't pushing the chemo.
3rd option is to carefully watch her at home for any new masses or bumps. And go in every 3 months to her for a check up bloodwork, and x rays. Sense we got excellent 2.2cm clean margins the cancer isn't in her lymph system so she is really good right now, but with any cancer it can come back even if remission happens.
I decided to go with number 3 for now because I have to go to Michigan for 3 months and we can still do options 2 if we see a change. I can take her in Michigan to the MS Univerisity if I find anything or see changes in her that I want checked. I also have the local vet there that I have been to before. I have all of her records from here to take with me. Plus she said to call her if I was worried about anything. When we get home and I take her in for the 3 month check up we can concider doing the chemo then.
She did new blood work and even called me back this afternoon to say her blood work looked good. I was totally shocked how fast they did the bloodwork and called me immediately. She said she didn't want me to worry with my drive tomorrow. That really was nice of her.

So I am going to stay optimistic.
Stephanie

·
Registered
782 Posts
I hope all continues to go well with Brandy, I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers!!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
So I am going to stay optimistic.
Stephanie
[/quote]

I"m so glad all is going well, and she's feeling good. The course you are taking sounds very sensible--you've clearly got Brandy well-being and quality of life in mind

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Cautious optimism--sounds like an excellent plan. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts