Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Just a short recap Brandy in May had a large mammary tumor removed it was cancer they got 2 cm of clean margins, and the lymphnode was clear of cancer.
I am taking Brandy back in on Tuesday for her 3 month check up. Although it is really closer to 4 months. I stressed fractured my left foot in 2 places plus I was really being chicken about taking her back to the oncologist.
She has been doing so well sense her surgery. I am just so worried they will find something. Her doctor said we would do blood work, and an x ray but it wasn't something we had to do. I have been going over her almost daily checking for any new bumps and nothing has popped so far.
So I would take any good thoughts and prayers for Brandy.

Thank you
Stephanie

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Lots of prayers and drool for a GREAT checkup.

Let us know what the dr says.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Sending best wishes for an uneventful check up. :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HI
Thank you everyone for the good thoughts/ prayers. Brandy is doing really good. We needle biopsied 2 cyst one on her right ear and right hip. Last May when we removed the mammary tumor she had 4 cyst removed that weren't cancer. So I am not to concerned about these small cyst, but figured it was best to make sure. Brandy was her normal wonderful self. She is so good at the vets although she is always glad to leave. We will go back in 3 months as long as the cyst results are good. I can call Thursday and find out. Her lungs and heart sounded good so we passed on the x rays and blood work. The oncologist said her blood work was good in June after her surgery so we will wait on that. She wasn't pushing the x ray unless I really wanted it because if the cancer is in her lungs there really isn't anything we can do. If she was to start coughing I can call and they will see her, but she hasn't been coughing. She was doing the basset beserk yesterday trying to get the cat to chase her around like Charlie use to. The cat just sat on the second step and swatted at her as she dashed by. She has gained 4 lbs so we really need her to beserk around a bit more.

But I feel we are going to have a good future. I can't think otherwise.

Stephanie

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I'm so glad the checkup went so well!

Make sure Brandy gets a very special treat for being such a good girl.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi
The oncologist called the cyst were benign. So I will just check her weekly or more for any new tumors, and go back in 3 months.

It was a relief to hear benign even though I figured as much, but there is always that fear.

Thank you again
Stephanie

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
That's great news Stephanie! Even when you expect it, it's nice to hear it confirmed!

I hope you and Brandy to something very special to celebrate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts