Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the New Brunswick Kennel Club show on Friday Fred earned his Rally Novice title. He was shown by my husband, Mike. It wasn't pretty, but we'll take it!

I got Fred in 2002 from a no-kill shelter here in NJ called Common Sense for Animals. He was turned in, they said, because he was "too rough" with the mini doxies in the family. Translate "too rough" to dog aggressive. We can never trust him 100%, but at the show he only took exception to one dog and gave that one a back off warning.

Fred has an ILP listing and has gone rabbit hunting with Dean, Billy and Belinda.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Congratulations and well done! :D

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
You deserve alot of credit for commiting to a dog with problems and getting him to this point- good for you! And congratulations on the Rally Novice!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Wonderful! Congratulations to your family and Fred. Good Work!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yay Alice!! I'm so proud of you guys! Was Harley entered also? How'd she do? Good luck and take care, Belinda.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone!

Yes, Belinda, Harley was indeed entered. Now, this same dog that took first at Nationals, who has two qualifying scores, did absolutely nothing right. There was a sit, down, walk around. Sit OK; down no way, blank stare. :angry: It just got worse from there.

I really had hoped she would qualify also and we'd be done. I just picked up a new horse for a 30 day trial, but since I've named her, I guess she's mine. So, time and money will both be limited. Aside from the fact that I'm paying money for her, she is almost a rescue. She's been very well fed for the past two years, but not ridden, been by herself in a small paddock. She is very happy to be back in a herd! My old horse will get light duty and that's just killing me, but she deserves it.

·
Registered
939 Posts
good for Fred!!! congrats Mike and Alice.Hey Alice if Darlene and myself make the move to Pennsylvania and were not to far you can keep a spare horse or two at our place,Darlene would love to ride them for you and keep them in shape for you, Nicole would help her too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts