Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 6 month old puppy, Caper, made her conformation debut this weekend at our local shows. The weather was the worst I ever remember at local shows--steady rain, and the showgrounds were just buried in mud. It didn't help that none of the parking lots were paved, and they were all a giant muddy mess, too. Did I mention that these are outdoor shows? :) *My* fashionable attire consisted of a bright yellow slicker and gumboots. The only thing that would have made it better would have been one of those giant yellow rain hats that ties under the chin, like the Gloucester Fisherman wears. :D

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Way to go Caper! WOW! Another Iole hound on the track (so to speak) to stardom! :D

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Congratulations!!!!!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Yeah, we want pictures. How about a snap or two with the lucky ducky snood on?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
A star is born! it's going to be really nice to follow her as she earns her points, keeps us posted.
Joan

·
Registered
773 Posts
BIG Congratulations, Betsy and Caper!!!!

And I agree -- some pix of this little beauty are in order........

·
Registered
939 Posts
if you really wanted to get muddy you should have been at the field trial this past weekend!!

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did it sound like I wanted mud??? ;)

A

·
0 Posts
Congratulations Betsy and Caper!! The hardest thing to do is show a Basset in the rain. I won't even go to an obedience trial I've entered if it's even drizzling. Not that we'd qualify anyway!!!! Pictures!! Belinda.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts