Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Long story short, the lady who had bowser's parents died, and now her mom is struggling to take care of Rufus, and Emma, bowser's biological parents. Emmaline's Dream was recently fixed, she's actually only about a year and a half older than Bowser (making her about 2.5 - 3 years old) and I think Rufus T Firefly is about 4. He is still intacked.
I have to admit, I have wanted Rufus ever since I first saw his photo. Bowser has his face, but Emma's coloring.
The lady, Angie, just died a few weeks ago from a failed heart transplant. We had kept in contact over the past year, and i know she never wanted them split up. My husband and I WANT them, but the reality is we live in a small townhouse and really shouldn't even have Daisy and Bowser. Today was such an annoying day, i'm really just worn out and hearing that this lady wants to get rid of them (she facebooked me about a half hour ago, talking about splitting them up) is just the stressing on the cake!

I can probably call daphneyland.com around here and maybe come up with a foster, but i thought i'd ask here first. Also, because i wanted to type about it because i'm upset, and wanting to foster them, and/or keep them ourselves. We really thought we'd have a house by now, but you know how the market is, and i JUST got a job after being unemployed for a year, and it's not like it pays much.

I guess i'm just venting, being sad, and throwing it out there. :(

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
It’s always terrible when something like this happens. Vent away we all need to do it sometime – trust me I know. Flower Girl is going to be looking for a new rescue but she doesn’t have her location listed. Wouldn’t it be great if she lived close by and could take him.

Best of luck to you and the little guy – it’s so hard on them loosing the ones they love and then to be put with strangers - makes your heart hurt.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Oh no Missy, did you talk to Dawn yet? I know she's super full now, but she's amazing at networking. Let me know what happens and if I can do anything to help.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no, i haven't talked to dawn yet. THe thing is....i WANT THEM. i just don't know how i could make it work at my house. we're still mulling it around today. i don't mind cleaning the extra poop, but it's our neighbors....they're all nosey old people and i dont' even know how many dogs we're supposed to have here *lol*

·
Registered
13 Posts
It’s always terrible when something like this happens. Vent away we all need to do it sometime – trust me I know. Flower Girl is going to be looking for a new rescue but she doesn’t have her location listed. Wouldn’t it be great if she lived close by and could take him.
That's funny, when I read the post I said "too bad I don't live in California, I could take them both!" I'm in Oklahoma.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yup, i wish it wasn't that far to oooooooaklahoma where the wind comes sweeping cross the plain...lol
Maybe you should come take a vacation to the beach and then bring them home!!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that would have been so awesome if she could have two though. They're young, and Rufus is kind of like Bowser and Worm, but Emma is a quite , calm and lazy girl.

I wish wish wish she'd reconsider! Maybe you can show her this:
uglyengineer's Channel - YouTube

It's Emma giving birth to Bowser's litter! She's so gentle. And I think Rufus is a doll, being all concerned with her. You don't see Bowser being born here, but in that photo of rufus you can see him in the back...the one with the triangle on his butt!

They are sooo sweet, and would keep each other company...making it EASIER to have dogs, after all! hehe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts