Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took this video last night on my phone, and it's always soo dark and hard to see! Well today I put my not that technical mind to use, and used a program to lighten it up! Now, unfortunately, you can see how dirty the room is *LOL* But i DID clean it today! I was lax..hey i started a new job! Makes sense there'd be clothes all over the floor then, right? Does that make sense?
Anyway, my baby is silly and adorable! : )

burybone - YouTube

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This was really the first time I'd seem him going at it. We have on and off given him bones before bed when we don't like prolonging the nighttime romp, and he does...but he used to just leave it on the floor. What started this was I guess when i've been at work in the evenings lately, hubby was given them these smelly bones that I hated to use them up when i wasn't around to smell them. Daisy has been trying to steel his.

So, now we bury bones I guess *lol*

Right before this, he told me two stories:

One story was that he took the smellybone with him to his food bowl for dinner one night. He couldn't figure out how to eat, and how to keep the bone safe, so he tried to eat with the bone in his mouth (while my husband sat watching land laughing hysterically) then he decided he could put the bone in the bowl with the food, and growl at Daisy while she sharked around looking for an opportunity.
After dinner, it was stinky bone time.

The second story is from later in the week...we had the same issue in that it was dinner time! But what to do with stinkybone?? He stared at it, left it in the kitchen bed (oh yes, beds in every room) then decided he could eat his dinner and still position himself to watch the bone. Daisy gulped down her dinner, and then slowly meandered into the kitchen. To which Bowser growled at her....so she SPRINTED in and grabbed the bone, and then ran off! Both hubby and Bowser thought she hadn't gotten the bone. But it turns out she had! Poor bowser finished dinner and searched and searched, so hubby gave him the last bits in the bag just for him *lol*

Last little story...when we first got Daisy she would try to hide her bone by...putting it in the middle of the staircase. Or, looking high up on a shelf, standing on her back legs, and trying to put it up on the tv or something. It was so funny. She never, ever tried to actually bury it.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i just can't get over how silly dogs are...the swipe with the nose, then the little "pat" it down at the end of the swipe...so goofy!
I "found" his bone last night, and so he had to change the hiding spot. He walked around with it for a while..headed into the hallway to which i firmly said "no" because i wanted to limit the burying to the bedroom, and so he turned around....went towards the bathroom..."no"....then he stood there thinking for a while. I showed him he could put it over by the dresser, or back where he had it the first time....he thought about it, carefully put it right next to the bed, then jumped up, hung his head off the bed, and fell sound asleep pointing at it on the floor. *LoL*

I also worked at touching it, and making him drop it or give it to me, and praising him, since i don't want him to learn to get grumpy about it. He did very good, and wagged his tail the whole time i was working with him.

Have you guys read this, on Jowls of Fury?
Jowls of Fury: August 2011

Kind of not the same point as Mr B, but i keep thinking of this commercial when bowser keeps checking on his bone *lol*

1 - 3 of 3 Posts