Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't posted for a while But my 14 year old Bo is having mouth problems. You may remember he is adopted and had 17 teeth removed before I got him. He had 2 more removed in July and did well. He developed a severe infection in 2 more teeth and I was going to have them removed also. Well they found the tumor in his mouth has grown very fast. Probably not cancer but difficult for him. Then his Liver functions were 1400 when in July they were normal AND only one of his lymph Nodes is swollen which is suspicious. He was in the vet's for 2 days with IV's and antibiotics. He is on 10 days of oral antibiotics and then we are going to biopsy (needle aspiration) his lymph node. Poor Bo! I know he is elderly but as long as he can eat (his favorite pastime) and is not in pain I am not ready to let him go. I switched him to canned food as he had lost his appetite but you should see him eat now! Thank you for letting me get this off my chest. Healing drool would be appriciated.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Healing drool from my three Georgia bassets. Wishing Bo a speedy recovery!!!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
:( Sorry to hear about Bo's mouth problems. However long he has, days or years, all that matters is that he's with you. And sometimes we don't have to make any deciisions because they do it for us. Healing thoughts coming Bo's way.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I will sending lots of healing drool Bo's way. It is so to think of a time without them. If he is not in pain and has quality of life then do what you can for him. He is a lucky dog to have you.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Bo's just a lucky dog to have you to love and care for him in the time he has left! I'll bet he appreciates you more than you know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts