Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<_< Sometimes I wonder if my dogs are stimulated enough. Of course, they have every toy, chew bone and rag rope manufactured by the world's suppliers, but it seems like they only play hard about twice a day. After meals, and when Captain comes home from the office with Daddy. Then there's a big reunion. But I feel like a neglectful Mom as I walk thru the house, doing laundry, cleaning, etc. and they look up at me from whatever sofa they have claimed for the day with those baleful eyes. They have NO interest in fetching anything, and in fact, when we have tried to involve them in this kind of activity, look at us as if we were mad. (Huh? Use energy? Burn calories? No way!) They do enjoy walks, and all I would need would be roller skates and we could enter the Ididarod (sp?) I know bassets are laid back dogs, but is anyone else seeing this as well? :unsure:

·
Registered
775 Posts
Mine seem to have slowed down since it has been so hot. They still like their walk though.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Yes, same here. We have had unusually hot weather recently and Toby has slowed right down. All he wants to do is lie on the couch and get his tummy rubbed . Although I wouldn't let them put a guilt trip on you. Bassets seem to be experts at that with their sad eyes.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I get mine out every day for a few minutes at least to do some jumping or heeling, or going out to a target. It's been very hot here this summer, but if they know I have cheese in my pocket, they're more than willing to spend some time getting a little exercise.
Sharon Hall

1 - 4 of 4 Posts