Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished Boomer's blanket today. Made by request of my husband; I had made him an afghan, and he thought Boomer needed one in his basset colors.
Boomer is now 10 months old.

Attachments

·
Registered
761 Posts
That's very nice! Did you knit it, crochet it, what? It's beautiful!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Boomer's Blanket

That's incredible. One spoilt and much loved Boomer. Can't wait to see what your hubby's next request for Boomer is!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's crocheted, and it was actually very easy. I was quite surprised at how well I was able to match his colors. Not exact, but it was close.

And yup, he is very spoiled and loved.

Gads, I'm afraid to find out what hubby's next request for Boomer is.

And thanks for the compliments, everyone. :)

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Lovely!! I like the colors. And Boomer looks so handsome next to it : )

My Worm says "I like it, too! What a lucky basset you have. My owner doesn't know how to make things like that...!"

Out of curiosity, how much do you feed Boomer and how much does he weigh now? Also, do you remember how much you fed him at 6-7 months of age? I am trying to figure it out for my puppy right now...

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
About a week, is all, between work, Boomer trying to help the process along, etc. Thank you very much, Worm! Tell your owner it's not very hard to learn to crochet. ;-)

I tend to follow the directions on the bag, only I feed less as he gets treats during the day. He weighs about 40 lbs at 10 months old.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The hair actually shows up just as much, lol! The white hits the dark colors and vice versa. My sister has requested a blanket for her black lab; that should be easy enough.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Thanks, Boomer's Mom! I think Boomer and Worm look a little similar, and maybe around the same size (Worm is 7 months and 30 pounds), so that's why I was asking how much he eats : ) not that technologically savvy here, so i've been slow to post his picture (because I haven't even downloaded them off the camera yet...) but hope to do so soon...^_^

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I do see a few similarities; almost like they could be littermates.

We love pictures here, so post away!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts