Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed Boo, my male basset, has started nipping me on my heels when I'm getting ready to leave the apartment, as if he can keep me from going. Most of the time, I'm just running down-stairs to do laundry, or taking the trash out.

But the question is, is this normal? Isn't this something you'd expect from a herding breed and not a Basset?

Does it say anything about the relationship I have with Boo? Is he the boss that he'd think he could persuade me from leaving by biting my heels? :lol: Fortunately, he doesn't do it hard.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
At least he only nipped you on the heels.

Winston gently nipped me on the Butt!!!!! :oops: Talking about being sexual harrassed by a dog. :x :wink:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah. Boo's been known to stick his nose up women's skirts - of course, only women that he knows well. :lol: It's still embarrassing though.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Emma and Doris
Emma was nipping a lot as a puppy, but none of mine has done that
as adults. How old is Boo?
he's two years old. he only does it if i have my keys in my hands, and i'm heading for the door. i guess he thinks if he can bite my ankle, he can prevent me from leaving.

i'm not too worried about it since he never bites hard and has showed no other such tendencies. just thought it was cute, and wondered if it was normal.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Daisy Jayne does it, because she's trying to get me to play with her. I don't think it's anything to be worried about, he's probably just trying to get your attention. I never thought of it as being a herd dog trait, though...

Barbara

1 - 6 of 6 Posts