Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think Bogie had a very enjoyable first day! I'm definitely already in love with him.

So far he has been amazing. No accidents in the house, not one howl or bark. He lets you know exactly when he wants out, and gets right to his business! He hasn't gone after the trash can or tried to get into anything, other than my bed of course. He walks on a leash very well until he sees another dog or a squirrel. If the dog is close, he just sits down and waits for the dog to come by, and they start a sniff-fest. He especially liked a black lab puppy and a basset/rottie mix! Unless its a small dog. I think they look too much like chew toys to him.

We both thank everyone who gave us advice in the last post! I've wanted a dog my entire life, but when I was young my mother worked long hours and she wasn't sure as a kid I would actually take care of one. So instead I worked at a puppy store, volunteered at a shelter, and offered to pet sit all of my friends and mom's friends dogs whenever they were out of town. I am starting the rest of my life and I wanted to start it with a brand new best friend! And so far, I definitely think I've made the right decision.

So without further adieu, here's Bogie!

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Wow, he sounds perfect! Congratulations! :D

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Congratulations on your new best friend! He is such a beautiful coloring with a sweet expression-

·
Registered
51 Posts
Congrats. Good looking Basset! He will bring you tons of smiles. Be careful, they grow on you. Rosco and Cletus are asking me for yet another friend! :)

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Looks like he is right at home. He's one lucky Hound to have found such a great owner. He is certainly one handsome hound.

Aroooos from Bogie!!!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Congratulations!!! I'm so happy that you and Bogie found each other.

The pics are great - he looks like one very happy puppy.

·
Registered
932 Posts
He has loads of Bassetude! Love the pic of him loking out the window on the couch. Congrats on your new buddy!

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
He's VERY handsome! It sounds like you are off to a great start. Best of luck to you both!

Terry

D

·
0 Posts
Congrats, he is so beautiful. You are going to be so happy with your new buddy. I have never been closer to an animal than I am with my Basset. She is just like one of the kids. :D

J

·
0 Posts
Congratulations. I hope things are still going well.
I love the pictures!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts