Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've been on a mini vacation, camping since last Wednesday. At the campground on Sunday, we noticed Bogie had a rock in his mouth which he spit out. We laughingly said you don't suppose he would eat a rock. Well he ate two rocks! At 4 AM at the campground this morning he threw up yellow bile and a leaf. Thinking he was now OK, dozed back off until he got us up at 5:30 and seemed uncomfortable. We quickly packed up, headed home and to the vets. When the vet took his temp rectally she discovered one rock which she removed. X-rayed and one more in his tummy, and she is giving him mineral oil tonight hoping this to shall pass. If not he will have surgery in the morning to remove the rock.
Needless to say we are very worried, and hoping we will have good news in the morning. Please send healing drool and good thoughts Bogie's way.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Sending good thoughts Bogie's way!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Oh, poor baby! I hope your Bogie will be okay! The drool is on the way for Bogie. Keep us posted on how he is doing.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Silly Bogie...Hotdogs are much tastier than rocks! Sending you many prayers that the rock will pass without the need for surgery- Give him extra love and drool from us- Wendy

G

·
Poor Bogie!!!!!!!! I will keep my fingers crossed that the nasty rock will pass. Sending tons of loving drool to him!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Silly Bogie, rocks are for pickin and throwing, not eating. Please be fine, lots of drool and big hugs headed your way from the north.

Susan and Wilson

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Lots of healing drool for Bogie. We hope it passes and that surgery is not necessary. We also hope he won't do it again, but......

Bogie - eat the good stuff and leave the rocks for playing!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Poor Bogie. I hope everything is okay. Sending lots of drool from my gang.

Karen,Copper,Patty,Dollyand Tillie.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Hoping all goes well. My brother's Dobermans ate rocks - could never figure that out!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
How's Bogie doing? Hope he doesn't need surgery.
Sharon Hall

1 - 13 of 13 Posts