Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We picked Bogie up before lunch. Dr. Moseley wants to wait on the CT scan and see if some different meds will help. He's now on Meloxicam (Metacam) a NSAID anti-inflammatory, and Gabapentin, which is used for chronic pain. The only thing he could find wrong was with his left shoulder. It grinds and sounded like bone grating on bone when he manipulated it while he was under for the myelogram, and he called it "chondrolysis" of the shoulder. He said he manipulated all his joints, legs, etc. and this was the only thing out of the ordinary. Bogie did not cry or yelp while at the vets, got in and out of the crate fine, just limping on the left front. We realize this could be because he was still under the drug effects from the myelogram. Dr. Moseley said to let him move about on his on, no crate, but no running, jumping etc., with short walks, see how he does, and report back in two weeks if all is going OK. If the new meds do not help in a few days to let him know, and he will set up the CT scan. For now he's sacked out, sporting a 3 x 5 shaved patch on his back. So we'll see how it goes.
Thank you for all the kind thoughts and healing drool!!!!
Connie

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
When Sadie was alive, she had severe arthritis in her later years & I tried many meds. Metacam was the one that worked the best, giving her relief from pain & enabling her to move easily. I hope Bogie does well & continues to improve!
Amy

·
Registered
157 Posts
Glad to hear Bogie is back in the comfort of his home. My Bogie was put on Metacam after the first anti-inflammatory didn't seem to work as well, and he did great - so hopefully Metacam was made for all Bogies!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Here's wishing Bogie a speedy recovery. My girl Penny knows just how he feels since she had surgery today. Some good love and care from their people and I'm sure both will be fine. ;)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hope Bogie is improving. It took a few weeks for our Sasha to get better when she had her disc problem. So hang in there and we'll keep sending lots of postive thoughts & prayers your way!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Excellent news! Happy drool coming your way from Harvey Hound x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts