Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bogie went to the vet today. They sedated him to take better x-rays, and so they could manipulate his leg. The good news is the ACL is fine, so no surgery is needed. :( The bad news was the fibula, which is the smaller bone in the rear leg is broken in two places. :) The good news is it has already started healing, no cast necessary since the tibia, the larger bone which carries about 90% of the dog's weight helps supports the fibula. The vet said the force of the pit bulls bite broke the bone. We are to just continue with potty walks only for the next month, and he should heal up OK. He doesn't have to be crated, unless he gets to active. The vet is keeping him on an antibiotic for the next 28 days to prevent a bone infection. So we are very, very pleased and excited that he doesn't have to have surgery. Thanks for all the kind thoughts and healing drool for Bogie!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sounds like good news - at least as good as could be under the circumstances. At least Bogie will be ok without having to undergo surgery. Is there anyway of making the owner of the Pit Bulls responsible for their actions? It just seems so unfair that another dog and two adults could be attacked by unleashed dogs and they just walk away. Can you be compensated for medical expenses?

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
I'm with Baxter - the owners of the pitbulls need to pay Bogie's AND your bills.

That said, I'm really glad to hear his ACL is okay. I was bummed yesterday when I read it might be torn.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I've been wondering how everything was going.

This was all so horrible- I feel sad for Bogie with yet another medical problem, especially one caused by such stupidity on the part of the pits' owner!

I get mad everytime I think about what happened to you.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I'm happy Bogie is doing so well. Poor guy didn't deserve any of this, nor did the rest of you. The whole thing must have been very traumatic for all. May he continue to heal.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I am so glad to hear Bogie doesn't need surgery. What an awful thing for all of you to go through. I really hope that the owner of the other dogs is held responsible for your medical bills as well as Bogie's.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just got finished reading about the attack. I am sitting here with tears in my eyes! I don't know what I would have done if that had happened to Lou. Knowing what gentle nature our Basset's possess, it is unfathomable to me to see them injured like that.

I am glad you are all coming along well. I think I would have had the same reaction as you did (I too have high B/P).

Thank God you are all OK! Any word on the Pit Bulls? What a stupid thing for that lady to do!

Joanne

1 - 8 of 8 Posts