Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We took Bogie in at 9 this morning for his ACL surgery. The vet called back at noon and said the surgery went well. He did have a totally severed ACL, which she repaired with 100 pound test line, like fishing line. I'm totally in the dark on all this ACL surgery lingo, and trying to get up to speed via the internet.
She did have some concern on the amount of blood in the joint area, and she would be watching that. If all goes well overnight, and she gets his pain under control we can pick him up in the morning.

Thanks for all the healing drool and concern. I will try to update you tomorrow after we get Bogie home and know more.

Sorry I didn't get this posted earlier, just a hetic busy day trying to get things done, because I know once we have Bogie home we will have our hands full for a few day. Also huge storms raging all around, and we are under a Tornado Watch. Nothing like living in the flat land of South Dakota.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I was thinking about your boy all day yesterday. I'm glad the surgery went okay. Poor Guy! You are right, your time will have to be dedicated to him. I hope he isn't in too much pain and actually does get some "bed/crate rest". Please kiss him gently from me!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Glad to hear Bogie made it through surgery!!!! We are praying for him and your family...Jackie sends healing drool!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for the drool and thoughts. Read "Bogie is home" post for the latest update.

Steinar: The original post is now in the Health and Genetics section and explains how Bogie did this. Thanks for the ortho info link!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Glad to hear all went well. I know what you mean about those flat lands. I was just outside of the tornado watch box up here in North Dakota.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts