Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you know we made a move across country in August. :D I'm delighted to say that Bogie has totally recovered from the attack by the two Pit Bull Dogs in the motel on August 1st during our move to Memphis. He doesn't even limp now. :D After seeing all the snow and blizzard pictures from South Dakota on the Weather Channel lately I thought I would post these pictures.

This was Bogie in November in Mitchell, South Dakota last year.

Fall in South Dakota!!!!

This is Bogie in Memphis, Tennessee on Friday. We are loving the warmer weather and the azeleas
are still in full bloom here.

Bogie in our front yard by our metal Basset that spins in the breeze.

Needless to say we are enjoying our new home and warmer weather!!!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Bogie is such a handsome boy. I'm glad to hear that he's healed and doing well. Also glad to hear that ya'll are liking your new home.

`Heather

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
He looks great- you'd never know what he's been through- I'm so happy to hear that you're all settled in and enjoying your new home!

·
Registered
251 Posts
I am so happy for your family Connie :D You deserve a ton of happiness! As usual Mr. Bogart is very photogenic. I could look at that handsome guy everyday!!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Bogie is looking good. I'm so glad he's recovered entirely.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I am so glad to hear that Bogie has made a full recovery! :D He has been on my mind often lately. It was so heartbreaking to hear what had happened to him.
Wow, what a difference in weather! I bet you and your husband are just thrilled with the nice weather!
Hope you are enjoying your new home.
Love the pictures!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Unfortunately, they block pictures here at work but I was just so happy to hear that Bogie is doing so well. I thought of him often. It looks like you made a smart move too!

·
Registered
87 Posts
That definately is a change of scenery.........In Feb 2006, we went to Memphis and then Tunica for a 4 day mini-vacation. The first day and night in Memphis was a waste -- snow storm hit and shut the city down.

And you know how it is when snow hits in the South.....LOL

Now you will only have to deal with the snow on rare occasions.

I been meaning to ask, did Bogie come out of Camden, TN?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To answer your questions:

Ruby_Doo (Aus): We got the metal spinning Basset at a crafts fair in Mitchell, SD our former home, about two years ago.

buckshot: Bogie is from "Trumbull's Bassets" a kennel in North Platt, Nebraska. He is out of:sire - Ch Rabbit Run Cooperstown and dam: Ch Trumbull's Surely I'm Teasin. We got him as pet quality at 10 months because his testicles did not drop which is frowned upon in the show dog world. Their loss and our gain. He's a wonderful dog!!!! Here is the link to their site:

http://www.trumbullsbassets.com/

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ohhhhh, I am SOOOOOO jealous!!! I dread another winter. We always seemed to have the same weather systems as you did in SD.
Mind if Bo and Moose and I come stay for the winter? : )

Those are beautiful pics of Bogie. He looks good no matter what the weather. So glad he is all over his attack. Poor guy has been through so much.

Sandy, Bo and Moose

1 - 15 of 15 Posts