Basset Hounds Forum banner

Bo would like to announce...(DRUM ROLL PLEESE).....

4K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  opus 
#1 ·
That the Moose is on the Loose in Moose Jaw!!!! He and Bo tore up my back yard tonight, it was so funny.
We just LOVE him. He is so SWEET!!! I am in my glory, because he has an "EMMA"-type expresstion in his face. I am so damn happy!!! :D
IS HE CUTE, OR WHAT???

Another close up:

Thought I'd add my hubby's poem in here too, since he bought me the dog. Posted it before, but as a reply:

I bought you a gift on this special day
I hope it brings pleasure in so many ways

a dog of high standard, he is quite a hound
He looks quite solid, built low to the ground

His mane is Moose, and he's from far away
He'll soon be yours, and with us he'll stay

Now Bo will be happy, a brother a friend
they'll play together until the days end

Bo and Moose, the names of your hounds
In our back yard they will run around

Out in our yard, the things they will do...
So be quick with your shovel, and pick up the Poo!

From out of the Province Old Moose will arrive
hope the flight doesn't scare him, and he'll survive

Now once again your family's complete
two basset hounds with 8 paws for feet

Two dogs to cuddle and lay in your bed
They'll take up the space where I lay my head

The house they will make their doggie domain
They'll run in and out again and again

The pleasure they bring you, I hope it stays fast
For a basset hound lover, this might be the last

I hope this gift and this poem will bighten your way
and congratulations on this special day

Love, Keith

(Awwww...)

See less See more
#3 ·
Oh my goodness just look at that face!!!! I can see why you fell in loce with him what a doll!

Huggles and smooshies from the west coast of Canada! Welcome to your new family and arroouuus from Mocha and Beldin!

re the poem ... AAAWWWWWW!!!! You must feel pretty lucky to have a hubby that loves you so much! :D

Grats on both ... the hound and a wonderful partner!

#5 ·
8) 8) He is absolutely gorgeous!! I've been on pins and needles all day - checking the board and email about 20 million times waiting to see that he arrived safe and sound. So many congrats I can't list em' all!! Sounds like he and Bo hit it off right away.......I'm really happy for you Sandy. :lol: :lol:

P.S. You'll be changing your avatar soon, right?

#6 ·
Lynne, the plane had mechanical problems, and instead of getting here @ 4:15, he got here @7:15. He was in the crate for about 7 hrs. Poor guy. My son and I had to slowly coax him out of the crate. He was so scared.

But he sure has made himself at home. He tried to Pre Rinse my dishes, as I was loading them in the dishwasher. Duke used to do that!
He also learned to use the doggie door. He was afraid of that, too. but it's amazing what fears a basset will face for a piece of cheese... :D He's been in and out several times since, on his own.

It was so cute tonight, when they were playing. Afterwards, Moose went and stood by the gate, as if to say, "ok, it's been nice, but I'm ready to go now." But he's made himself right at home. He's on the couch now, it's been a big day!

Sandy

G
#9 ·
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is SO Adorable!!!!!!!!! I can't stop looking at his face!! Congratulations to the whole family! How exciting for you and Bo! So glad to hear he is fitting right in. What a Husband you have!!!!!! So happy for all of you!! PLEASE post tons of photos of your gang!

#15 ·
Awwwwwwwwwwww!!! What a HAPPY day for you and your husband. Moose is awesome, and the poem brought happy tears to my eyes. He and Bo look so happy together. Can't wait to hear the stories that will be coming from the duo.

Arooooos from Bogie!!!
You don't own a Basset, a Basset owns you!!

#25 ·
Oh, he's just great! What wonderful markings! Who is his breeder? Dad? Mama/ Have any of that info? :D
Sharon Hall

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.