Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
drink of milk today. Well, actually he managed to chew the plastic cap off, and then without spilling a drop or knocking over the bottle, he drank it down about 1/3 of the way.

When I caught him, his little tounge was just lapping it up as fast as he could. I'm sure he knew his good fortune would end as soon as I spotted him!

It was so funny, but I had to throw out the rest of the milk. These hounds are just sooo resourceful! :D Will have to ask the milkman to leave the milk OUTSIDE the door from now on.

He gave me his 'who me?' look, all day, too. Like the one here (left). So what do I do? Apologize to him, of course, and give him kisses and belly rubs. Just look at that faaaaace....

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
I have one hound who really likes wine. And I'm constantly leaving my evening glass of chardonnay on the end table, where she can climb up on the arm of the sofa, lean over, and help herself. Amazing how that loooong pink tongue laps it up without spilling a drop. :D

·
Registered
335 Posts
Bo is the one on the left? With his head down? That expression actually looks more like the mugshot of a crook disgruntled at being caught, to me, LOL!

Daisy Jayne has been known to open 1-gallon jugs of water that way too. The first time she spilled about a half a gallon, but the rest she opened flawlessly. :)

I sympathize. :D

Actually, I wish my kids were that self-sufficient! :p

[ March 07, 2006, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: BarbR ]

·
Registered
335 Posts
Originally posted by Betsy Iole:
I have one hound who really likes wine. And I'm constantly leaving my evening glass of chardonnay on the end table, where she can climb up on the arm of the sofa, lean over, and help herself. Amazing how that loooong pink tongue laps it up without spilling a drop.   :D  
I used to have a cat that loved B&J wine coolers, original flavor. He would just go nuts when I'd open one up. :D I never let him HAVE any (except what he TOOK), I can only imagine with horror what a drunken cat would be like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts