Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Third runner-up in this year's National Obedience Invitational is Smokin' Bullet Jebediah Blue UDX, a Bluetick Coonhound owned by Paula McCollum, Boise ID.

A lab, two goldens, and a coonhound! :D

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One of my training buddies has seen this team several times and keeps telling me how terrific they are! I hope to see them in real life before too much longer. :)

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Invitations are based on OTCh points earned during the qualifying period. For breeds with lots of OTCh's, e.g. border collies, goldens, etc., only the top OTCh point earners are invited. For breeds with few or no OTCh's, dogs with very few points are invited, as only one dog in the breed may have earned points. During the competition, dogs ran rings consisting of various combinations of open and utility exercises. On day one, the top 32 dogs (losing the fewest points) advance to day two. On day two, dogs compete head-to-head, with winning dogs from each match advancing to the next round, until only the top dog is left, who is awarded the title NOC--National Obedience Champion. :)

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for posting those, Sharon! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.