Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Third runner-up in this year's National Obedience Invitational is Smokin' Bullet Jebediah Blue UDX, a Bluetick Coonhound owned by Paula McCollum, Boise ID.

A lab, two goldens, and a coonhound! :D

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Third runner-up in this year's National Obedience Invitational is Smokin' Bullet Jebediah Blue UDX, a Bluetick Coonhound owned by Paula McCollum, Boise ID.

A lab, two goldens, and a coonhound! :D
[/b]
Heh-heh. :rolleyes: :) :)
Wonderful! I hope they have some video clips on the AKC website one of these days! I suspect this will cause a stir (don't know if that's the right word) in the traditional obedience world. When he won High Combined at Truckee Meadows, a friend of mine who is very active and experienced in obedience asked me who won High Combined. I had to repeat his name and breed three times--it just didn't want to register.

·
Registered
162 Posts
My favorite wanna-breed! I LOVE blueticks and black and tans! If I only had more space... Take care all, Belinda.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One of my training buddies has seen this team several times and keeps telling me how terrific they are! I hope to see them in real life before too much longer. :)

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Thanks for the info Betsy!. I love any dog with ticking! I too would love to see them in action. We're the blue tick from?

What qualifications did a dog need to enter this show?

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Invitations are based on OTCh points earned during the qualifying period. For breeds with lots of OTCh's, e.g. border collies, goldens, etc., only the top OTCh point earners are invited. For breeds with few or no OTCh's, dogs with very few points are invited, as only one dog in the breed may have earned points. During the competition, dogs ran rings consisting of various combinations of open and utility exercises. On day one, the top 32 dogs (losing the fewest points) advance to day two. On day two, dogs compete head-to-head, with winning dogs from each match advancing to the next round, until only the top dog is left, who is awarded the title NOC--National Obedience Champion. :)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for posting those, Sharon! :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
One of my training buddies has seen this team several times and keeps telling me how terrific they are! I hope to see them in real life before too much longer [/b]
This team shows regularly in my part of the country and I've been cheering them on since their Nov A days. What's really nice about this win is not just that Jeb is a Coonhound, its that his style is what you'd expect a Coonhound's to be; none of the intensity of the Border Collie nor the bouncyness of a Golden. Still, he's about 98% dead-on accurate and I think its cool that generally the judges awarded the points for the performances and not the style. BTW, Jeb finished his UDX and earned his 40-something OTCH point in Boise in Oct. Paula also has a female Coonhound who is not exactly a rescue, but is a rehome, and is very sound and environment sensitive. Her name is Susie and she earned her UD that same weekend. . . in 3 straight trials. So, if there's hope for a Coonhound, there's certainly hope for a Basset, right trainers?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
T So, if there's hope for a Coonhound, there's certainly hope for a Basset, right trainers?
[/b]
Yes, Debbie, as they used to say where I grew up, 'We live in hope'. :lol: (Not Arkansas, either).

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
OMG - they are so beautiful together, such incredible teamwork! Thanks so much for posting that vidio link, it is just amazing!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts