Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,903 Posts
What IS this? It's for real, I assume. Is this a healthy ...variety? ...not sure what to call it. I'm just curious about a 'Blue Basset'. I don't recall seeing a blue one on this website. :mellow: :mellow:
http://www.nextdaypets.com/directory/dogs/...e098-e331.aspx#

:mellow: :mellow:[/b]
It is current thinking that blue in bassets is the result of a dilution gene that mutes the black color. This dilution gene in other breeds is link to some health is relate to the skin.

more can be found on this subject on a previous thread blue basset

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
:angry: This kennel had at least 7 litters in 2006. And sells them for $1200-$1400 each. Anybody wanna take a guess as to why this person is breeding?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Next Day Pets? I can't believe any legitimate breeder would advertise their dogs this way. Poor puppies, they could end up anywhere. :( :angry:

·
Registered
127 Posts
I agree with Marcia. If you are shipping your dogs out for an extra cost how do you know who they are going to? Just wondering how do you determin the difference between a $1000 and a $1400 dog? I could never be a breeder. I would just have a house full of dogs because I couldn't sell any of them. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:angry: This kennel had at least 7 litters in 2006. And sells them for $1200-$1400 each. Anybody wanna take a guess as to why this person is breeding?[/b]

Yes, this website was odd. I was looking for puppy photos. I'm making a little slideshow/video and did a seach on Google for "Basset Puppies". This site came up and I was just curious.

Yuck. Stay away. Puppy Mill Alert.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
As I can't load this website, I'm not seeing the full story here. In a 'free society', all we can do is spread the word about how best to buy a new puppy.... starting with ALWAYS see mum with her litter (even if the sire was an outside stud) and meet the breeders face to face. And be prepared to answer as many questions of you as you have for the breeder.

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
This was originally posted in 2006 and reanimated by a spammer. Dead thread.......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts