Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Porter seem to have a very small blister on one of his back paw pads. It is not bleeding and it is very small, about the size of a pimple. Is there any way I can treat this at home? There doesn't seem to be anything imbedded inside, just an opened blister. Porter can't go on walks because he can't stop licking the blister. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
616 Posts
I would also try a sock and maybe putting a little neosporin or bag balm on it to help it heal and take away the pain. After a couple days he will probably leave it alone.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Porter wouldn't leave the sock alone. He doesn't like it and always tries to rip it off. I cleaned his paw with diluted salt water, dry it and spray the blister with neosporin. I hope this thing heals fast.

·
Registered
12,943 Posts
how you want to treat the foot it wold help to know the cause of the problem. Bag balm and similar products will soften that pad on the bottom of the foot this could if the casue of the bilster is from walk on rough course abrasive surface a softer pad may make thing worse.

a product like Tuf-foot make the pad tougher but imho a little more prone to cracking in which case bag balm is a great choice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts