Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any of you willing to buy a birthday cake for your furbabies? or do you prefer to make your own?

If you're willing to buy, how much do you willing to pay?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
LOL! I usually bake because I have 4 houndie birthdays... and that way I can monitor sugar and fat. We usually do 1 cupcake each...

A

·
0 Posts
Ya know, you are going to think Ruby is sooooo deprived but she's never had a birthday cake. She's had cake before and knows the word, but no cake for her bday.

She knows the birthday song melody tho because every morning I sing, "Good morning to you, good moring to you, you look like a basset, and you smell like one too!"

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Many of the doggy bbakeries will do wheat free cakes. Wheat has a tendency to be more of a allergen than corn

Tawil waggin Bakery has cake mixes

[ March 22, 2006, 12:30 AM: Message edited by: Mikey T ]

·
Registered
335 Posts
I make doggie biscuits for my dogs for their shared birthday--we don't know BJ's birthday so he shares with Daisy. That lasts a lot longer, and I think they enjoy them a LOT more.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Originally posted by Rubydoo:
She knows the birthday song melody tho because every morning I sing, "Good morning to you, good moring to you, you look like a basset, and you smell like one too!"
ROFLOL, that's so cute, I'll have to teach that to my boys, they walk around all the time singing the "you look like a monkey" version. They'd love this one! :D

A

·
0 Posts
Oops...I gave you the wrong lyrics! (I must have been tired when I wrote that).

It's, "Happy birthday to RU, Happy birthday to RU, (not you) and so on....."

A

·
0 Posts
Rubydoo's Mom - I am completely flabbergasted! I cannot imagine how you could deprive that poor soulfull and beautifully delicious (and obviously malnurished) Rubydoo of a birthday cake. I'm telling!! :D :D

[ March 22, 2006, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: Lynne & Huck ]

·
Registered
335 Posts
I like those lyrics, too! LOL

Daisy's really learning to talk; one day I didn't understand her signals, and she tinkled by the back door. The next time I asked her "Wanna go potty?" I got a big loud "roo". Now if I ask that and she "roos" I know it's really time for a potty break! :D

What crazy/great dogs these hounds are! :D

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought there was something wrong in that lyrics when I first read it. :D
I like it.

I just learned how to bake my own doggie birthday cake. It has carrots, peanut butter and honey with 1 cup of flour, The icing is creamcheese peanut butter icing with melted carob.

My friend was visiting me that evening. She said "I thought you're on south beach diet, what are you going to do with that cake?"
So I guess...I didn't do bad at all!!! :D

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I would pay $20-25 for a cake, but just open a can of dog food smear a little cream cheese, and top with a biscut. Bassets will take any cake that comes there way.

A

·
0 Posts
Ruby would probably have diarrhea if I gave her something rich like a cake. And that is something I don't need to be dealing with.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
This year I must confess... Jake got Frosty Paws for his birthday. We finally found them in our area- 4 in a pack... and 4 dogs :) They absolutely loved it!

A

·
0 Posts
I'm afraid that giving Francis either cake or ice cream would be the first step on the way to disaster. Any time he gets anything that's not usually on the menu I can depend on a bout of diarrhea :( For his birthday (February 25) he got a few extra hugs from me and an extra long walk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts