Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I would seek professional help if I had an aggressive dog. There is a study going on at Tufts University Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine on canince aggression and thyroid. I see it as an opportunity to have your dog evaluated at no cost by some well known veterinary behaviorists.
DOES YOUR DOG SHOW AGGRESSION - GROWL, LIP LIFT, SNARL or BITE - TOWARDS FAMILY MEMBERS, OR DO YOU KNOW OF A DOG
THAT DOES? Nick Dodman BVMS, MRCVS, Dipl ACVB, Jean Dodds, DVM and I are running a double blind (placebo) study at Tufts Veterinary School to assess the effect of thyroid replacement alone (in dogs with suboptimal thyroid function) on aggressive behavior (and other behaviors if they coexist with aggression).

We are trying to recruit dogs for this study, and are happy to work with your veterinarian on this.
If you have questions, or if you have a dog that you think would be a good candidate for this study please contact Nicole Cottam, Behavior Service Coordinator at Tufts University's Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at
nicole.cottam @ tufts.edu (Remove the spaces)
Please cross post to other dog lists you may be a member of.
Linda Aronson, DVM

1 - 1 of 1 Posts