Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
We have had the same frustrations with Elvis. We have a 3 year old and have had Elvis for about 6 months. He was making no headway with the housetraining and my whole house still smells. I was in tears all the time because I love him so much, but I have a hard time potty training a human kid and a furry kid. I took some advice I read in a real early post and keep him on a leash in the house at all times, or in the kennel or in the back yard when I cant watch him. We have had maybe one or two accidents in the house in the past month and a half or so, and those were my fault. We have been very consistent, and make sure he is involved in most things we do. He is coming around. We cannot afford the one on one training right now, but are still considering the PetSmart classes when things slow down a little. I bet that trainer would understand. Surely she understands that sometimes things happen beyond our control!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.