Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Sylvie McGee:

Tell us about your Basset Hounds!

As a member of the Health Survey Committee of the Basset Hound Club of America, I have been working on a survey of Basset Hound health for the Basset Hound Club of America. The data will help prioritize research on health issues prevalent among our beloved Basset Hounds and results will be shared with Basset Hound fanciers here on Facebook.

If you have had a Basset Hound any time since January 2000, please take the survey. And please help spread the word by telling your Basset friends about the survey. The more who participate, the better chance we will have of getting an accurate picture of health issues in our breed. People outside the U.S. are welcome. The survey will close April 30th, 2016.

You can access the survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BassetHealthSurvey2016

·
Premium Member
2,775 Posts
did it. most interesting.

As I listed all of the health issues with our rescue sophie, followed by the lack of health issues (knock on wood) with our akc breeder dog gracie the differences were striking!!!

remarkable since we have had both of them since each was 10 weeks old. What a difference a good breeder makes (although we wouldn't trade sophie for anything!!!!!)

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Good for the BHCA although I hope the survey is one that will give a good over-all insight into the state of the breed. We in the UK did one some years ago now, and it was sadly judged to be 'invalid' - never did hear why. Another one was done recently, which I missed!!!

I hope the BHCA survey receives a good response.

ps I wonder whether MY input would be relevant. I have looked at a few pages of the survey and it seems there is a facility for those in the breed who live overseas? But is there any point or would that information cloud the issue as far as the breed in America is concerned?

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She does say input is welcome from outside the US. With the large number of European dogs being imported recently I'm sure their problems will soon become our problems.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
She does say input is welcome from outside the US. With the large number of European dogs being imported recently I'm sure their problems will soon become our problems.
No kiddin!! Their problems certainly became 'our problems' here in the UK :( Even if originally European stock mainly came from the UK. It's just what 'they' did since the early days :(:(

I'll give it a go.

Add - Just did all our relevant hounds apart from the last two, had to break off to take one of mine to the vet and tried to get back to put the final two in, to be told I've 'completed the survey' .......... Grrrr. Their loss!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts