Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow Basset Hounds. Since everyone knows the wold revolves around us!!! Who out there has got the best trained human & why??? Our daddy is one of the best we think. It is all about us except when he's at work.on weekends we always dowin something fun together, and gowin to different places. He's so good we let him sleep in our big Ole bed. ha ha

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Oh yeah? Well last year when the apple trees out back didn't produce any apples, the crazy lady who lives with me bought some at the store and threw them out in the backyard all summer because she knew how much I liked to hunt them!

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Top this... my slave re-arranged the living room one time several years ago, moving MY loveseat towards the middle of the room and putting a Lazyboy in my favorite sopt. This loveseat was my sleeping spot and was situated perfectly so that I could look outside the glass door. I could bark at people walking by without ever leaving my comfy spot. After she moved it, I stood staring where it used to be and whined, and whined, and whined, and whined, and... well, you get the picture. She finally moved everything back where it belonged, I hopped up and lay down with a contented sigh. And there it still sits today. :cool:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi, I'm Lollypop, and I've trained one of my slaves to take me to Rutland State Park EVERY day for a 4 mile walk. In the absence of a walk, my slave takes me to his sister-in-slaves so I can play with a golden and a mutt all day long! Also, just before "sleepy time" I play dead on the couch so my slaves have to rub my belly. Then they must practically yank me off the couch before sleepy time. My nightly torture test for my slaves.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I like to pretend I've forgotten how to do things like use the bathroom outside, sit, and stay, so that my slaves will continue to give me treats for things that I already know.

~Anabelle

·
Registered
774 Posts
From the desk of Cannoli, aka "BBB" (Big Beautiful Basset): I fully excercise my ability to selectively lose my hearing, like when I've slipped into the garage and am sniffing at the trash and don't want to listen to my people telling me to get out of there. I also am a big believer is becoming dead weight when I don't want to move. It's become a pretty standard routine that at bedtime I'm passed out on the couch and my girl has to pack me to bed. Her mom seems to think it's pretty hilarious to see an 11yr old girl with a 55lb Basset slung over her shoulder like a sack of potatoes. :p

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I like to "forget" to tell mom I have to go outside to pee, then watch her hop on one foot and holler when she steps in my accident. Then I get to chase the mop when she goes to clean it up!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts