Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am a new mom and I need some recommendations for food brands. What is your suggestion.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I'm assuming you are asking about the best food, for dogs - Bassets? Go by what the breeder recommends, assuming he/she is a reputable experienced breeder. It's never a good idea to switch at the time a new puppy comes to a new home - that's stressful enough without changing the diet. If, eventually yiou want or need to switch, choose something that's not cererial based, and do the switch gradually, mixing the new with the old over at least a week. Not all food brands suit all dogs btw if yiou find something that lists meat, or fish, as the first/main ingredient, you can't go far wrong. Or you may prefer to use a raw diet but if so, do make sure you provide a fully balanced raw diet, especially through the growth period.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm assuming you are asking about the best food, for dogs - Bassets? Go by what the breeder recommends, assuming he/she is a reputable experienced breeder. It's never a good idea to switch at the time a new puppy comes to a new home - that's stressful enough without changing the diet. If, eventually yiou want or need to switch, choose something that's not cererial based, and do the switch gradually, mixing the new with the old over at least a week. Not all food brands suit all dogs btw if yiou find something that lists meat, or fish, as the first/main ingredient, you can't go far wrong. Or you may prefer to use a raw diet but if so, do make sure you provide a fully balanced raw diet, especially through the growth period.
Thank you so much. I have been counceling my vet on this proccess don't worry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts