Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we got Max two months ago I was very hesitant adding a second puppy to our family, but it was one of the best decisions we made, they are such good buddies.

We have moved the hounds to a big dog pillow on the floor at night, but they still get in bed with me in the morning after my husband goes to work.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Just love the one on the dog bed :) They really are bonded. Are they both toilet trained? Just wondering as they both seem to have the run of the house. :)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just love the one on the dog bed :) They really are bonded. Are they both toilet trained? Just wondering as they both seem to have the run of the house. :)
[/b]

Actually they’re in our bed in that picture. If they wake up when my husband gets up for work he lets them out and then they get in bed with me until I get up. I was afraid to let them do this because I thought I might have a hard time getting them to stay on the floor on the dog pillow if I let them back up with me in the morning, but they seem to know at night when both me & my husband are in bed they have to be on the floor.

For the most part they are both toilet trained, every once in a while one will have an accident. The times they do have accidents is usually when we weren’t paying attention and missed the signal. When were home they do have the run of the house, but when were working they are both in a kennel together. Sadie used to pee in her kennel almost every day, but once we started putting Max in with her she stopped that and Max has never gone in the kennel.

·
Registered
608 Posts
OOPS! sorry Bjsibba, didn't mean to imply that your bed looks like a dog bed :D Toby sleeps on the couch, and I have all sorts of pillows and covers on there for him. Wonderful that you have two pups and they are both just about toilet trained. Would be great if after Xmas, you put the pic up on the board, as, if the pic of Max in the hat is anything to go by, I think folks would love to see this little pair.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Awwww....there's nothing better than cuddling under the covers with two sleepy bassets! Very sweet pictures. :)

Sandy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts