Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We let Bessi and Smili out of their play area to have full run of the house Supervised of course!. They were doing laps downstairs, which is quite funny as we have tile and they kept spinning out. It was like Basset NASCAR. Well Bessi tried to take a turn at high Basset speed and lost controll sliding into the wall head first. Immediatly she layed down still for about 4 minutes. I thought of poor Wormie. She poped back up and continued her laps.

Luckily she seems to be fine. I read Mikey T's coment to Wormie about doggie concussions and she does not have any of those symtoms.

Puppies....What are you going to do??

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
it's called the Basset 500.
and you'll see much more of it.
not just in puppy ages either.

Lulu and Austin did it when they were 10 and 12 respectively
Albeit shorter sessions, followed by longer naps, but what'r ya' gonna' do?

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
Toughy. See avatar preffered slick surface to run on the slipperier the better. With a low center gravity and big gives them an advantage over ltaller smaller footed dogs. In agility one of the placed we trained used horse stall patting which had a very high coefficient of firction. Most dog love the non slip surface toughy hated it and till the day he dies would not run on that surface, Ice, tile, even better wet tile, soft sand, wet grass much better surfaces for him.

·
Registered
761 Posts
After ours get baths and are wet, they'll run laps all around the house. They'll jump on the furniture and kick off the front door and just continue their laps! It's hysterical to watch! And they'll take wallowing breaks too.

·
Registered
437 Posts
this just reminded me of my major Woody giggle this morning....I work 12hr swing shifts and just got off work this a.m and home about 6:30am. Woody was waiting for me on the back of the den couch (the one closest to the door I come in)....he starts crying as soon as he sees me so I sat on the couch and he drooped his head in my lap while his butt was still on the back...needless to say he was doing a headstand with his bottom slowly sliding down the back couch cushions....it was so funny and so Woody....

It is a very good thing Miss Bessie, that Basset's have hard heads....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts