Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pinkwhip's basset, Belle, also known as the bun-inator needs some help. She needs to get about 4 points to move into the top ten for hound of the year in the AHBA. Belle is a rescue basset with no hunting background and Pinkwhip has managed to teach her how to hunt rabbits. For a rescue basset and novice hunting owner, to make it to the top 10 hounds in the country is a tremendous achievement.

This weekend, at the E-town hunt, Belle could easily earn enough points, but the more entries, the more points. If you can, bring a hound, have some fun and help the Bun-inator. Saturday is the PA statechampionship, so some of the best bassets in the East will be running

The grounds are fully fenced, no rabbits are killed. It's just like taking your hound to a dog park and letting it run for an hour.

For more info, you can contact Tim Bishop at 717-376-5002

·
Registered
13,077 Posts
I suppose there is a height restrict of say under 22" :( poor Fischer hairier hunts are non existant on the East coast but he does seem to have more of a penchant for song birds and skunks than rabbits :rolleyes:

It would be good to see the soft bent nosed agility hound embarass all the rock hardend hunting hound. She has proved her mettle in the starting pen not one rabbet pellet escaped. :unsure:

If I leave by 11pm I should make it, two days? Camping available? onsite?

Are there any special rules like no one Uglier than Dean need attend, as hard as that is to believe I worked hard to perfect the look.

with a real rabbit hound, or atleast a breed name for one.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Camping available? onsite?

[/b]
Two local campgrounds if you can't stay onsite:
Elizabethtown/Hershey KOA 717-367-7718 (1980 Turnpike Road, Elizabethtown)
Hershey Conewago Campground 717-367-1179 ( 1590 Hershey Road, Elizabethtown)

And congratulations to Pinkwhip and Belle!!! I'll try to come out and watch.

Edited to add a third campground: this one is closer to the Club, smaller, and there's more privacy:
Ridge Run Campground 717-367-3454 ( 867 Schwanger Road, Elizabethtown)

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have to check the exact point count, but I believe Belle is back in the top ten !!!!!
A new person showed up from RI with what was supposed to be an agility basset ---- with a slightly deformed nose, he also had some sort of tall, alleged hunting hound.
OK, Mikey T hope you enjoyed the hunt and it was good to see you again

·
Registered
13,077 Posts
A new person showed up from RI with what was supposed to be an agility basset ---- with a slightly deformed nose, he also had some sort of tall, alleged hunting hound.
OK, Mikey T hope you enjoyed the hunt and it was good to see you again[/b]
with a slightly deformed nose[/b]
wow that like call a dwarf short nothing like overstating the obvious Besides she specialize in rabbits that turn to the left.
At least her nose looks better than the van nose does as I cooldn't miss all the deer with a death wish on the PA highways prior to hunting season. From what I seen the deer don't make it too sporting just walk up to you and say please please Kill me,

As for the alledged hunting hound, it is obvious you did not get close enough for the linger odor of the "worlds greatest shunk dog"

THe agility hound aquited herself remarkably well, She has alway been a quick study of other dogs. She quickly learned she was suppose to be wander round in the brush, The why I'm sure she did not fully comprehend, but she did mange to wander round the brush enough to finish second in both her casts, one time behind Belle and the other behind Deans Kurli Now if either of them were enough of a hound to have actual found a rabbit maybe just maybe Macey would have understood what the hell she was actual suppose to be doing. Macey finished 5th out of 15 dogs on Saturday and Fourth out of 1O on Sunday.
Not bad for a dogs only real expoure to rabbit tracking/hunting is a single rabbet pelt luring course run in NH,

Another hunt Next weekend In souther tier of NY binghamton area check out the ABHA web site for more detail unfrotunately it looks more an more like a famialy health ;)emergency will prevent ne from going , It suks when family and work gets in the way of dog stuff ;)

Macey was also contemplating bring some of her agility equipment to prove the those less intelligent hunting hounds a cheese stick in then mouth is worth 2 rabbit in the brush :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts