Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all--we joined many moons ago with our first two bassets, one a rescue, and have since had another, and yet another, Dory, who we have had for two years now. I always loved the site, a wealth of info, but life got in the way and now our kids are in their 30's, our dog is our main attraction. And, well, everyone is sheltering at home these days, for the better, and I decided to venture in again. Dory is the perfect dog, not that we deserve that, but she came as an owner surrender (Alzheimer's) at 5 yrs, loves car rides (our past three threw up and/or whined one for 8 hours), has NEVER had an indoor accident and usually just sits by the back door until one of us notices. When she throws up she is considerate enough to fine a spot that is not carpeted (I am not lying about this, really). She immediately had dibs on the bed, the end of the sofa, one ottoman and a special chair in the sunroom so she can see the neighborhood passing by. However, she has has in her short time here: ACL surgery, mammary lump removal, fractured molar, multiple yeast infections (ongoing challenge), eye infection, pancreatitis, and multiple sebaceous lumps appearing all over--like now she has 7-which disappear at times, but replaced by more. I am not sure why this happens. We have changed her diet because of yeast, which helped the ear infections, but not the skin. She finally got Cytopoint injections which really helped with the irritation and itching and is now on a pancreatic diet (hates that she cannot have her love, peanut butter anymore). This site has always helped us out with questions when we were new slaves. Hope it does the same for you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts