Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope everyone had a great Christmas.. Murdoc is now 6 months old and about 50 lbs.. I have officially lost my spot on the couch to him.

This is him on chrismas eve. I cropped the picture so you can see me on the floor fighting to assemble T-Rex Mountain for Santa. There is just something wrong with him laying there all relaxed and me having to fight with toys for a 5 year old. lol

·
Registered
284 Posts
ahhhh - its a dogs life :rolleyes: he looks so comfortable. he looks quite small still even though he's 50lbs! i recon he's got alot more growing to do - be prepared to loose the whole of the sofa within the next 6 months!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am estimating when I say 50 Lbs.. But gotta be close.. he was 44 Lbs last month when he was weighed. He is a lot of fun though.. A great addition to the family, we have already decided that we will own nothing but bassets in the future.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I agree about owning nothing but bassetts in the future. I keep mentioning another to my husband to get him ready for another dog, but he's not having it. I would like to "rescue" a bassett, but bassetts are not common around here and will have a hard time finding one. I will keep my eyes open, though. We will probably only be ready for another dog farther down the road anyhow. That way my husband has lots of time to get used to the idea, because I know if I find a dog in need of a good home he'll be the first one there to pick him/her up! :lol:

·
Registered
144 Posts
50 lbs! Yikes.

Ernest was just weighed at 9.5 months and he tops the scales at 45.1 lbs. I guess I should be lucky I have such a dainty boy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I should get a more accurate weight this month.. Gonna make him an appointment to get fixed.. not that he's broken actually.

never having owned a male dog before, I am wondering if having him neutered is going to slow down his attempts to mate with my arm. Or if that will just come with age.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Awwwww!! The typical Basset relaxing pose. Murdoc is a handsome hound. Bogie is a year and a half and weighs 47 pounds. Our first Basset, Bubba, was much larger boned and he stayed about 68 pounds, and he was not fat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts