Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to go over to my daughter's house today. She is feeling under the weather so I took her some soup. I was gone longer than I thought I would be and was late for the hound's supper. When I got home I was talking to the hounds as they welcomed me and Beau was Arooooooing! This is he first time I have heard him speak! He has a very beautiful deep full voice. My other two don't bay when I get home so they both were startled. He is lifting his head so much more now and his coat and skin are really looking good. He is still shy of Sabian and Pearly but I don't think he is scared anymore. I think he is feeling at home! yvonne

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Oh, that's great! Maybe the other two will pick the howling up from him- Murray has never howled, you're lucky that Beau has such a beautiful voice!

·
Registered
987 Posts
Isn't it wonderful when they arooo! Lily has only ever done once and it was beautiful.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Hmmm... Be careful what you wish for :D Mine started... and now I can't turn them off! We have a beautiful harmony with little Indy hitting the high notes and Abby singing melody around the two bassets who sing harmony! The only problems is we have neighbors...

·
Registered
163 Posts
My two have deep aroooo's, they really get started howling when the fire department warning siren goes off. The fire department uses the tornado warning system that is one block from my house. The neighbors can't complain though, the siren is louder than the dogs.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Funny topic! :D

So nice Beau is getting housewarm!

Emma will just howl in emergency causes -
while Doris is more like a singer, very harmonic.
She was at my daughter during my Rome trip, and she found a note on her door the last day, telling that "her dog had been howling for 3 days".....

[ February 06, 2006, 02:53 AM: Message edited by: Steinar, Emma and Doris ]

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I never thought of all three of them in harmony. Maybe we could start a band. What to name it though...... yvonne

·
Registered
70 Posts
What to name them? I thought it'd be obvious...

the Bassets (pronounced bass-ettes)

Sunny never howled indoors because we always taught her to be quiet in the house. Then we got Buckley and our rules by that time had loosened, and he howls nice and low unless my sister gets into it when he can get VERY high. Sunny only gets in on it outside or if someone is at the door, but sometimes I think that she is lower than Buckley is.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Only one of mine howls. Mollie is a singer. She gets in her kennel when I'm gone and will just sing away. My neighbors all laugh at me and her of course. Maggie has never howled! My husband jokes and says she broke! Especially since Mollie is such a talker!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts