Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sad to say I had to put Beau to sleep on Saturday. The tumor in his mouth had grown so large that his muzzle was swollen and he couldn't swallow. His lymph nodes were also huge with cancer and he was feeling so bad. He was a great guy and I miss him but I know he is much better off at the bridge. I was happy to give him some wonderful days in the sun and I was determined that he would not suffer. Even though his passing is sad let me say that if anyone out there is thinking about adopting a senior hound it is worth it. He was so loving and greatful for everthing. He brought a lot of love to our family. yvonne

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss :(

But at least he went having had a happy time with you, with a family that loved him and was brave enough to make the hardest decision.

*hugs and drool from my boys*

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
So terribly sorry to hear about Beau. It is so hard to part with our wonderful companions, but you did the right thing in not letting him suffer. He will be at the bridge waiting with all the other wonderful hounds from our forum that have gone before him. I'm sure Bubba, Soffi, Maggie Mae and all the other great hounds we have lost gave Beau a big welcome with wagging tails and slobberly kisses. May you "Rest in Peace, Beau!!"

·
Registered
71 Posts
We are so terribly sorry for your loss. For such a kind thing to do for an animal, it sure is difficult. Rest in Peace Beau, we know you are in very excellend company ATB.

Hugs and drool from Saskatchewan.

Susan and Wilson (and Tiger & Bella & Sally (the non Bassets))

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I'm so sorry to read this. Bless you for giving him a happy home in his old age- your compassion is a beacon in an often dark world- Peace.

·
Registered
484 Posts
My heart goes out to you and your family. It is always difficult when a familymember has to leave us.

Big group Hug from the gang

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Poor boy. I'm so sorry to hear that things had gotten so bad. He's happy and healthy now, if that's any consolation. (And I have to say, that must be one noisy bridge with all our houndies waiting there!)

·
Registered
775 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. They are our children and it is so hard to let them go. You did the right thing not letting him suffer. Like Bogie's Mom said, our furbabies who have gone before him, were there to give Beau a big sobbery greeting at the bridge. May he rest in peace.

·
Registered
782 Posts
It hurts to lose your friends and these guys are certainly our best friends. So sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I am sorry for your loss. They are such a sweet presence in our lives. It's hard to let them go but they have a way of of letting us know it's time. You'll be in our thoughts.

·
Registered
773 Posts
You made the right decision for Beau, showing tremendous love and compassion. Your selflessness has sent Beau to a better place now, free from pain.

{{{{{Yvonne}}}}}

1 - 20 of 28 Posts