Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... it's got warm out and the sun is shining so Mattie got a bath today. And boy she was not happy about it. I give her a bath in the bathtub. Which I have to drag her to the tub and help her in the tub, which is hard since she is fighting me the whole time. Once she is in there, it goes okay!! Getting her out is easy cause she more then willing not to fight me helping her get out. Then outside we go so she can rub and roll and get the clean smell off her.

Once it gets alot warmer out, i will give her a bath in her kiddie swimming pool outside. Which will be alot easier.

When Mattie was a puppy she used to jump in the tub and shower and did not care about bath time, but know she hates it. But she has to have one cause her skin gets all itchy and red and the bath helps alot with that.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Spencer got his first bath of the season last week too. Ok, let me be more honest - Spencer got his first bath in a YEAR last week! He gets his baths in the back yard. We had a couple of days in the 80s, so I took advantage of that. I never give him more than 2 baths a year, because baths actually make him itch. Thankfully, he is not a smelly boy. Sometimes I think him not bathing makes ME itchy - I have allergies so bad & the pollen is really bad now. There is a film of yellow on everything. Spencer spends so much time outside, he has to have pollen in his fur. Then he climbs in bed with me & I itch & sneeze! Thankfully he is a good boy for baths. He looks pitiful, but he just stands there. I don't even have to tie him up. He doesn't even try to get away. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Zaro hates to go into the shower or bath tub - but when he finally is in the rinsing water is fine and he likes it. He loves to be clean and after it combing the fur and enjoying a little massage :D

Our baby has to have her first bath this weekend - she doesn't smell like a puppy anymore. We will see what will happen

·
Registered
47 Posts
We have to bathe Josie quote a bit b/c of her inability to hold her bladder/sphincter for more than a few hours. I swear, this girl poops more than any dog that I've ever seen!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Lily and Gibbs only get a bath about 1-2 times a year (unless they get super stinky). It is quite a chore. Lily is heavy and won't go near the bathroom when the water is running. Gibbs tries to jump in the tub when I'm taking a bath, but if it's bathtime for him he is nowhere to be found.

~Heather

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Yogi is not crazy about getting a bath but he's a very good boy once I put him in there. My favorite part is when he gets out and does the basset 500 around the house, rubbing himself all over the carpet!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Snickers does like to jump in the shower with me, but when it comes to being in there herself, you might as well forget it! So I have the dog shampoo in the tub for when she decides to join me, and, when I feel it's necessary, she gets a bath! Sounds weird but we are conserving water LOL!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Lucy only allowed the men in the house (my husband or son) to bathe her! She too did the Basset 500 afterward and rolled and rubbed herself just like Mattie was doing.............I miss her very much! Thanks for sharing the bath time picture!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your welcome gsally...
I would do the same thing "Miss Snickers" if Mattie would get in the shower now, but as soon hears that running water, she high tails it away from the bathroom.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yogi is not crazy about getting a bath but he's a very good boy once I put him in there. My favorite part is when he gets out and does the basset 500 around the house, rubbing himself all over the carpet!
I am all too familiar with the Basset 500!! LOL. That was great!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts