Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at the other thread about the bassets running and I thought I'd post these pics of Whiskey.

I cannot be the only one who has a basset that just can't seem to sleep like a normal dog. Whiskey cracks me up with all the strange positions she falls asleep in.

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
They start young (6 days)

Must be all the partying...

·
Registered
761 Posts
Doppler and Virga sleep on their backs too! We call them 'turkey chest' and 'rotisserie chicken' respectively. It's pretty funny. And their jowls flop down and their teeth are showing. It crack me and my husband up! And then they always have cotton mouth so they spend a good minute trying to get their mouths wet again when they wake up. Silly dogs...

·
Registered
878 Posts
Awww I love pics of Bassets sleeping! Mine always snuggle up together and have done ever since they were nine weeks old!!
They stretch out on their backs to cool off on the tiled floor sometimes or on the carpet but not so much in bed!

·
Registered
103 Posts
These are too cute! Ella slept on her back when she was a puppy but she doesn't really anymore, she will lay on her back when shes kind of waking up for belly rubs and just lay there for awhile but won't normally sleep like that. Both of mine aren't too big on cuddling with eachother as they are into cuddling with us....

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Ummm, I'm almost afraid to ask what happened to your window and blinds in the last picture, and I probably just answered my own question!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ummm, I'm almost afraid to ask what happened to your window and blinds in the last picture, and I probably just answered my own question!
haha umm Ringo was home alone during a hail storm probably a week after we first adopted him...I think the combo of huge hail hitting the house and being in a new place made him freak out :(

he has yet to ruin any more blinds and/or windowsills though :p

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Built-in sleep mask (peeked over hubby's recliner, and he was curled up in it sleeping like this). All he needs is a "Do Not Disturb" sign on his ear.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts