Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does your dog have a fetish?

Snoopy's fetish is for socks socks and more socks - she can never have enough. Usually they are my boyfriends so i find it quite funny but when it's one of mine its a different story!

She follows me around everywhere when she know's im doing the laundry just waiting for one to drop and usually one always does and then i spend 10 minutes running around the garden to get it back off her!

It's quite a fun game but then somedays you just arnt in the mood to chase the dog around the garden for a smelly sock - especially if its raining...

·
Registered
52 Posts
My slippers definitly! If i take the slipper away from him he runs and fecth the other one, he is so clever!

maybe i should use it to my advantage i can get used to being served my slippers when i get home in the afternoon. :)

·
Registered
775 Posts
Rusty loves socks too! Clean or dirty. It doesn't matter to him. Our ritual everymorning is I come out of the bedroom (which they aren't allowed in). They sit right at the doorway but won't enter the room :D He sees my sneakers and socks in my hand and all the excitement starts. They both know it's time for our daily morning walk. When I try to put my socks on they both tug, pulling as hard as they can so I can't get my toes in :D :D Then they run to the door and away we go!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Lightning loves gloves, especially thick leather work gloves. He'll even try to pull them off your hands. I've lost many pairs, and even though I warn workmen about the danger, they don't take it seriously until one (or both) disappears. (Workmen are very attached to their gloves, so they get very upset about this.)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sophie has a thing for socks too. She manages to sneak them past us and hides under the dining table with them while she chews them up. She also likes to get into the bathroom garbage bin when no one's looking and help herself to dental floss. I guess she likes the mint flavor.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Menna is socks and rubber gloves any kind washing up gloves or the gloves we use in the garden send her into a frenzy

·
Registered
118 Posts
Paper!

Oh paper is so much fun - paper towels especially. Tissue paper is fun. Cardboard boxes will do, but they have to be something he shouldn't take - so if I act like he is being 'bad' by taking the Coors Light box that I intentionally drop on the ground, he will go for it. As soon as I stop telling him how bad he is... he ignores it! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
494 Posts
Knee-High pantyhose!! Bailey is a freak for those things! I'll be sitting there watching TV and in the course of 30 minutes, she will bring me about 10 of them! She is not allowed in my room but somehow gets in there and gets in my drawers! I don't think I have a decent pair of them left!

·
Registered
813 Posts
George doesn't seem to have any festishes but Gigi simply adores work gloves, too. Leather. She's not interested in any other kind. She'll lie on the floor with one and shake it like she's trying to kill it. I was afraid at first that she'd be a book fetishist, because the first thing she destroyed was a book, but it's also the only book she's done that to. Our house is simply FULL of books and I really didn't want her to acquire a taste for those!

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Moe loves satin underthings :blink: ... he chews on them like gum. <_< Our basement is a walkout and sometimes when I'm doing yard work I leave the door open. My laundry room is in the basement. Moe's favorite thing to do is to sneak into the basement so he can steal the unmentionables and parade about the yard with them, waving them like a flag for all the neighbors and who-knows-who-else to see. :eek: He also loves fuzzy winter hats, scarves, and gloves or mittens. He'll steal these and make me chase him all over the house to get them back. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Some of you old time folks on this list (I don't mean you're old - tee hee), might recall me writing that when Ruby was a puppy, she got my bra from the dirty clothes hamper and went running thru the house with it. We had company at the time. Everyone got a big rip roaring laugh out of that one. She's never done it since.

:D :lol: :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Forrest loves my husband's dress shoes but only right after they come off his feet...is it the leather or the auromic odor...hmm... Forrest will actually try to push as much of his nose into the shoe as possible and then roll around with it. It's a strange sight and hysterical to watch.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Sadie has a thing for foam like the foam in chair pads or on the bottom of the dog beds. She usually doesn't damage the material surrounding the foam, thankfully, but she knows when something has foam in it and will some how get to it and tear it apart. We had to get rid of the dog beds with foam and get big dog pillows.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Both of my girls are fans of socks as well, and will happily play tug-of-war with one until mum or dad ruin the fun by taking it away. Jasmine also can't be trusted around tissues or paper towels. If she gets one, she'll run off into the corner of the lounge and tear it into small pieces, and then she's done with it. It's as if she thinks paper over an inch square is some how wrong, and must be dealt with accordingly. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts