Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So disappointed that the vid. I was able to access, here in the UK, spent a long time faffing around before judging started - didn't show the Open Dog judging and then didn't show anything after the first in the Specials line up being gone over and moving (such slack feet - is he the infamous Monkey?) because the recording appeared to run out of time. It was a much reduced class in any case, with 4 abs.

Disappointing.

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Haven't seen the video yet, I heard there was a system malfunction during breed judging.

The three male specials that actually competed:

GChP By-U-Cal's Monkey On The Bayou (Monkey)

Ch Lake Park Sullivan (Sullivan)

GCHS CH Topsfield-Sanchu Poppycock (Pepe)

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
FWIW, I believe the picture of Monkey was taken when he was still immature.

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
westminster an invitational only champions(specials) show no open dogs or bitches.
Not anymore, class dogs can enter. Top dogs are invited and guaranteed an entry, others are first come first served for the remaining spots.

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Not anymore, class dogs can enter. Top dogs are invited and guaranteed an entry, others are first come first served for the remaining spots.
Actually yes. But in Bassets, I think there were only 2 non-special entries, 1 in Open Dog and one in Open Bitch - the bitch went BW
2018 Basset Hounds Breed Results for the Westminster Kennel Club | FOX Sports

There were far more in other classes, in Whippets.

Btw. I'd have gone for Sullivan. Much tighter feet! Had to laugh at all the tweaking going on with him, OUTSIDE the ring.....

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
I don't think Edgar (class dog) competed either, there is no WD next to his name and no listing for BOW, just WB. I really like Sullivan and Pepe.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I love Pepe. Probably being not PC but I like his substance - too much now here in the Uk breeding has taken such a turn that, to me Bassets are losing that beautiful big bone "substance" So many are looking more like Beagles since being on that list. :mellow:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts