Basset Hounds Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
We have rain, rain, and more rain, and Momma and Boomer are about to go stir-crazy. We had plans to go to the park and bark at the ducks and geese (Boomer, not me, altho that could make for interesting reading).

We play, we argue, we nap. I only work part-time, which is great, but not when you can't do anything outside, plus his pen is getting very sloppy.

Gripe over, you may now resume your regular programming.

· Registered
150 Posts
Gracie doesn't mind storms as long as we're in the house. I try to take her out before a storm hits.(she WILL NOT pee in the rain!) And if we're outside when a clap of thunder sounds she will try and drag me to the front door. Same with other loud noises. But I guess she feels safe in the house, cause she never gets scared inside.
We're in north texas and the tornado sirens went off last night. She didn't care about those either.

A picture of daddy trying to get Gracie's potty in the rain. He had been taking her out all day and finally changed into his swimming trunks. For some reason it didn't show up in the picture but it was a pretty steady rain. She tries to drag him in but, he just stands there and finally she decided to take shelter UNDER him. lol.

Sorry about the pic being sideways.

· Registered
2,787 Posts
We have rain, rain, and more rain, and Momma and Boomer are about to go stir-crazy. We had plans to go to the park and bark at the ducks and geese (Boomer, not me, altho that could make for interesting reading).

We play, we argue, we nap. I only work part-time, which is great, but not when you can't do anything outside, plus his pen is getting very sloppy.

Gripe over, you may now resume your regular programming.
Yeah, we decided the quote is actually "April showers bring May showers." We are prepared for more showers today, too, apparently, and it looks like a gray, gloomy day. sorry no conversations w/the ducks and geese today, Boomah.

Gracie, you are so small & cute in the pic-- don't your neighbors just fawn all over you when you're outside? I would think!

· Registered
150 Posts
Yes, all the neighbors LOVE Gracie. And we've had several offers for puppy-sitting. Everyone at the school, campground, vets office and petsmart love her too. I've never seen people react that way to a puppy. I think it must me a basset thing. I've heard several people on here talk about their dogs making friends wherever they go.

Oh and they other day she was howling in the backyard while I was gone getting my daughter. I came back to the neighbor standing on her back porch to coo at her and tell her how pretty she is. lol.

· Registered
2,787 Posts
so cute, Boomah!

and yeah, boy that Worm gets lots of attention (very true, more than my last dog. must be a basset thing). he loves going to the vet's because they love him so much there. (my last dog was shaking all over every time at the vet's). so thoughtful of your neighbor to talk to Gracie.. what a nice neighbor.

· Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Wouldn't you know it? The sun is shining and I have to go to work today! Aurgh! Youngest human-son is home today, I WILL make sure he doesn't leave Boomah locked up all day.

I've asked him to take him for rides in his pickup, but he won't because of hair. PUHLEEZE, what's a little hair amongst family? ;-)

· Registered
767 Posts
You are right Boomer. When my kids come over if they complain about the hair I tell them they live here you don't. End of problem.

· Registered
1,557 Posts
the people were nervous last night because they had another round of tornado-producing weather roll through last night. I still don't know why they worry about these storms, cuz I'm cool as a cucumber--long as I've gotta chew toy... they're stoopid

~E

· Registered
87 Posts
Simone doesn't seem to notice storms, is generally pretty quiet, barks very little, never bays. She happened to be outside last night when the tornado sirens started sounding. Boy, can that girl bay!!! she's a real Basset after all!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.