Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,787 Posts
Hmmm... not even sure we've had a thunderstorm here this season to be able to tell w/Worm.

But. he is afraid of rocks. Large rocks and other inanimate objects. (like a bar stool today, used in puppy class).

ps. Worm has this to add: "Am not. I'm no 'fraidy cat. Boomah, hope you survive da thundah storm and make it go away."

· Registered
2,787 Posts
Play after every storm!

Yes, just heard today that there are atmospheric changes before earthquakes, and I bet animals are prob better barometers than we are in sensing them, as you say, Esther:

Study Suggests Atmospheric Changes Signaled Japan's Monster Quake | KQED News Fix

--------------------------------------------------
Worm & I were watching Oprah today. Worm likes Oprah because she exposed some puppy mills and is into rescuing dogs and animal welfare.

anyways, we thought of this thread, and wanted to remind our basset friends to "Remember to play after every storm!" :rolleyes:

That quote is from Mattie Stepanek, young boy who has already passed away but had enormous capacity to live. This was said about him at his funeral...

"We have known kings and queens, and we've known presidents and prime ministers, but the most extraordinary person whom I have ever known in my life is Mattie Stepanek. His life philosophy was 'Remember to play after every storm!' and his motto was: 'Think Gently, Speak Gently, Live Gently'. He wanted to be remembered as "a poet, a peacemaker, and a philosopher who played"."

· Registered
2,787 Posts
We have rain, rain, and more rain, and Momma and Boomer are about to go stir-crazy. We had plans to go to the park and bark at the ducks and geese (Boomer, not me, altho that could make for interesting reading).

We play, we argue, we nap. I only work part-time, which is great, but not when you can't do anything outside, plus his pen is getting very sloppy.

Gripe over, you may now resume your regular programming.
Yeah, we decided the quote is actually "April showers bring May showers." We are prepared for more showers today, too, apparently, and it looks like a gray, gloomy day. sorry no conversations w/the ducks and geese today, Boomah.

Gracie, you are so small & cute in the pic-- don't your neighbors just fawn all over you when you're outside? I would think!

· Registered
2,787 Posts
so cute, Boomah!

and yeah, boy that Worm gets lots of attention (very true, more than my last dog. must be a basset thing). he loves going to the vet's because they love him so much there. (my last dog was shaking all over every time at the vet's). so thoughtful of your neighbor to talk to Gracie.. what a nice neighbor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.